72 Hours...

...Until the movers arrive!  I think I am officially starting to have some mini-freak-outs.  My newest fear is that we won't be able to fit all of our stuff into the space we were quoted on; and we will either have to leave mass quantities behind or we will end up paying thousands more than we have budgeted.

I've stocked up in everything that is advised on all of the ex-pat forums and I feel like we have enough stuff to get us up and running pretty easily.  We'll have quite a bit of furniture to buy once we get there, so I'll have my work cut out for me as far as shopping/bargain hunting is concerned.  We are eating off of paper plates and plastic utensils - the house is getting so barren that I can hear an echo when I talk...  This whole process is so surreal!
4 Responses
  1. Meaghan Says:

    All I have to say is that I love you :-(

    Call me soon...............

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    I will, I think I need a good dose of you right now :)

  3. the american Says:

    just came across your blog. it is a huge move - i was freaked out too but it's well worth it. oz is lovely, esp since so many US sites ship here (i get homesick for american things).

    just a note on flights, having flown to america quite a few times from oz, do NOT fly united. they are the worst. they'll be among the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

    Qantas is okay. Air New Zealand is lovely. we flew Delta in august and they were quite good too :)

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I have heard nothing but horror stories about United - Not even a single slightly positive comment...

    I'm glad to hear that Delta is a good bet - I was looking at flights again the other day and found some good fares with them...

    I added your blog to my follow list - I like your sense of humor!

Post a Comment

abcs