Beating the Metric System

In keeping with my crazy, organized, Type A personality, I decided to make myself some handy dandy cheat sheets.  The one on the right is simply for the outdoor temperature - I figure I'll master the whole Celcius thing in a few months.  The one on the left is for cooking/baking and general usage.  I am guessing that I will be using that one more often as I will be using my US cookbooks, my US measuring cups and my US food scale.  I even went to Kinko's and had them laminated so that they will last me until I memorize them.  Watch out metric system - I am coming to where you live and I am bringing weapons of emperical distruction!!

7 Responses
  1. Meaghan Says:

    OMG Meems..... only you.

    Did I mention that I love you because of this? Doing such a thing would NEVER even cross my mind. This is why we're friends. :-)

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Ha!!... and it only cost me $1.33 to do it!

    Oh - I can think of a bazillion more reasons why we are friends; but this is definately one of them!

  3. Meaghan Says:

    I just spoke to my friend Erin who has spent LOTS of time in Europe and Australia and she told me to tell you that all their measurements are in WEIGHT. She said this completely stymied her as she was attempting to weigh flour in her student quarters in Germany.
    PS from Erin: 200 grams of flour today is NOT the same amount of flour as it will be tomorrow! It's based on humidity, etc. She gave up and ate out every night :-)

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    I have a food scale - I will still be victorious!!!

  5. Sharon Says:

    I think you will find the metric system easier than the English system. You won;t want to switch back.

  6. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Well, I'm willing to give it a try!

  7. CoryAlayne Says:

    Again... I completely love you.

Post a Comment

abcs