Lamb For Dinner

I made such a yummy dinner tonight...

Lamb steak with honey, mint & citrus:












A fantastic salad with 3 layers: The bottom layer is zucchini marinated in seasoning & red wine vinegar.  The middle layer is red peppers & onions in citrus juice, sugar & cilantro.  The top layer is cucumber ribbons!  The produce is lovely here and I am making full use of it!







The big surprise of the night for me was this lovely mini bok choy called "Pak Choy".  I cooked it face down in a saute pan with salt and pepper and then deglazed it with a bit of orange squeezed over the top.  It was so tender and flavourful enough to stand up to the lamb.  It felt nice to cook again and to actually make something really good!  I am winning the war over my badly equipped kitchenette!
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, my! I am going to try that salad! Lovely talking to you today...that was my treat of the week!

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Thanks Anonymous,

    Hmm... if I talked to you today then you must either be Vicki, Regina, Julie or Aunt Dia! Whichever one you are - I loved talking to you too!!

  3. suzinoz Says:

    Looks like you are settling right in. Your salad looks delicious. I'm glad you've found the food and coffee to your liking. Australians have become quite serious about both topics in the 10 years since I've lived here and the results speak for themselves...yum! Hope it all continues to go well for you all. =)

  4. the american Says:

    yum. you've inspired me to cook more. we've been doing menulog a lot. it's a lifesaver when i'm lazy (which is most days). you should check it out!

  5. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Thanks Suz! I think I'll start feeling a lot better once we find an apartment...

    @ the american - Yea, we've used Menulog a couple times. Mostly the first couple days before we got groceries in and when we were still jet lagged beyond belief!

Post a Comment

abcs