The First Grocery Shopping Trip

Pardon me, I don't seem to be able to stop writing about food!!

The first day Joe and I landed we took a ferry over to Manly.  I left my camera bag on the ferry and we had a ton of time to kill before we could get it back so we wandered into an Aldi.  This was my very first, bleary-eyed, jet-lagged experience with Aussie groceries and I snapped some photos of the things that made me laugh the most: 

Brekky Blast - because it's just a fabulous name! 



Honey Soy Chicken Chips - Honey Soy?  Chicken? Really? 


















Confidence Toilet Paper - Because it pays to be confident...












The crazy bacon here - it's like Canadian...


















Beautifully, Butterfully, Butter.....  What great alliteration!














100's and 1000's - Sprinkles as we would call them!


















And the best for last - Tasty Cheese!!
5 Responses
  1. Rachael Says:

    Oh my goodness! I can just picture you walking through the store laughing and taking pictures! So cute :) I love the Confidence Toilet Tissue - hahahaha. And I think you should try the Honey Soy Chicken Chips and report back.. are they supposed to be like potato chips? I shall need some follow-up on this Miss Mimi :)

  2. Geri Says:

    Mimi, That was great! LOL!

  3. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Yeah, they are regular potato chips but they have very different flavours here. Lots of meat flavoured chips!

  4. Gina E. Says:

    Don't you have different flavoured chips/crisps back home? I like potato chips in most flavours, but I like corn chips even better.

  5. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ Gina - Yeah, we have lots of flavours in the States; but they are just very different than here. In the States the popular flavours are: BBQ, Sour Cream & Onion, Salt & Vinegar and Cheddar Cheese.

    I agree - I love corn chips!!

Post a Comment

abcs