Visit to Cleveland - Saturday

On Saturday morning my sister Julie made us pancakes (are you seeing a delicious theme here?) and we spent the morning relaxing.  We headed out to Bay Village in the early afternoon to visit my friend Lysa from the wayback days of when we used to work at PSAS.  I also got to see her husband Chris whom I haven't seen since they were dating and I got to meet her son JR.  What a cutie and what a personality!!

We pulled in the driveway, I got out of the car and he ran to me yelling "Mimi!".  Did I mention that this little boy had never met me before?  His mom said that he never ever does that for people he doesn't know (even more proof that I am "The Baby Whisperer").  We had a wonderful time visiting and reminiscing about old times...

Then we headed over to my sister Theresa's house for a big family dinner.  True to form, the food was incredible and tasted just like Mom's - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, homemade biscuits, salad; and, of course, the most incredible deserts you could even imagine!  There were 3 kinds of homemade cookies and these wonderful parfaits with rum cake, whipped cream and caramel sauce (all homemade of course)... My mouth waters every time I think about these parfaits.



The best part of the whole evening was having such a huge chunk of the family together in one place.  In attendance were: My sister Theresa, her husband Marco, their kids - Stella, Luca and Lilia, my sister Julie, her husband Dave, their kids - Gianna, Evan and one in the oven, my brother Andrew and us!  It was a full house and it was the highlight of the trip.  Here are some of my favorite snaps from the evening:





















Beautiful Theresa






















Marco and Lilia























Julie, showing off the baby bump!























Dave and Evan























My handsome husband :)




















Gianna and Stella coloring on my phone















 


Theresa and Marco's kids


After staying pretty late to visit, Joe and I headed down to Valley View to see Iron Man 2.  The movie was wonderful; but the people sitting next to me talking the whole time were not....

After such a great day though - who cares!
4 Responses
  1. Meaghan Ruf Says:

    Well, I can't make parfaits or fried chicken, and I don't sing or have a baby bump, but will you come to NY before you leave to see me?? I can order out REALLY REALLY well and I love you :-)

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Oh Megs, this makes me so sad; because I can't :(

    Poo...

  3. Meaghan Ruf Says:

    It's OK, I just had to spread some guilt on you... I am Catholic, you know ;-)

    We are totally coming to Australia, though. I don't care if we have to swim.

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Hey, I found round trip tickets from Cincinnati to Sydney for $800 a piece (valid only in August) so it is possible to find good deals! Your husband would die if he got to deep sea fish down there!

Post a Comment

abcs