The Obligatory First Post

Welcome along for the ride as Joe and I head off to Australia... We are both so nervous and also so excited to start this adventure - we feel that sharing it here in a blog will make it easier for friends and family (and strangers) to come on the journey with us!


I believe that you get out of an experience what you put into that experience, so my goal is to put as much joy and positivity into this move as possible (please remind me of this post in six months when I am whining about the homesickness!).


My blog name "Gone on a Lucky Country" means simply..."In Love with Australia". I plan on making this statement true for us.


Again, thanks for reading and enjoy the ride!
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I wish both you and Joe the best of luck! You guys will remember this experience for the rest of your lives...and OH what a story to tell! Not many people get to pack up and move to Australia! The blog is a great idea! Keep me posted! _Ashleigh Umphrey

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Thanks Ashleigh - I want to make sure we go out with you before we leave!

Post a Comment

abcs