Things To Look Forward To:

Ever since Joe and I discussed moving to Australia as a real possibility, I have been doing tons of on-line reading.  I've also been secretly trolling as many Sydney ex-pat blogs as I could find.  I've spent hours reading about the things to do once we get to Sydney and compiling an ever-growing list of fun activities in my head.  I'm going to keep that list here so that I can refer to it during the dark days of moving.  I am fully expecting that there will be some rough days throughout this process and I want to have something listed here to remind me of the positives of this move. 

Here Goes (In no particular order):

  1. Visit Fiji at least once
  2. Take a vacation to Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia/Philippines
  3. Visit Melbourne
  4. Drive the Great Ocean Road
  5. Snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef
  6. Visit Tasmania
  7. Visit both New Zealand Islands
  8. Take a tour through wine country
  9. Go to Japan
  10. Stay at one really upscale resort in one of the places listed above
  11. Go to the Taronga Zoo
  12. Walk through the Botanical Gardens
  13. Go to a show at the Sydney Opera House at least once
  14. Visit every famous Sydney Beach
  15. Take a vacation to Hawaii
  16. Have a picnic in all of the famous Sydney Parks
  17. Take a cruise through Sydney Harbour
  18. See Mrs. Macquaries Chair
  19. Attend the open-air cinema
  20. Hold a koala
  21. See a kangaroo
I'm sure there are many things that I have left off of this list; but they escape me at the moment.  I'll come back and add more as they pop up!
10 Responses
  1. Ginelle Knittle Says:

    I am so jelouse. Those all sound great.

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Really, the line item about Fiji is the only thing keeping me going some of these days :)

  3. Anonymous Says:

    How about going to the Steve Irwin zoo? I don't know what the name of it is.... Nick used to be totally obsessed with that guy and I hear the zoo is fantastic.

    This is Meaghan, by the way. Can't figure out the freaking profile nonsense.

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    I've actually heard from several people that it is a really good zoo...

    You don't have to create a profile if you don't want - I'll still love you anyways!

  5. lilDdownunder Says:

    I've heard that the Steve Irwin Zoo is really cool, too. I think it might be illegal to hold a koala in NSW, but that just means you'll have to go up to Queensland and see the Gold Coast or something because I'm pretty sure it's not illegal there :)

  6. Mimi and Joe Says:

    I desperately want to get up to the Great Barrier Reef so I'll just have to hold a Koala while I'm up there!

  7. Laura Says:

    Love this post, I want to do those things too!!!

  8. Anonymous Says:

    Do you realise that at least 6 places on your list are *outside* of Sydney. Fiji, Melbourne, Tasmania, New Zealand, Japan, Hawaii.

    I've never heard of anyone holding a koala. They are wild animals with claws.

  9. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Well Anonymous,
    I do realize that so that's why I named the post "Things to Look Forward to" and not "Things to Look Forward to Inside the City of Sydney"... See what I did there? :)

    I see pictures of people holding Koalas all the time - besides their claws can't be much worse than my doggy's.

    Sign your name next time or else I will have to disable anonymous comments and ruin the fun for everyone ;)

  10. Just your average Joe Says:

    Anonymous,

    I have to agree with Mimi. But for other reasons. Where we come from there are bears like the ones you find here:(http://www.beartrust.org/KY.html). They get to be about 400lbs (appx 181 kilos), can run at up to 30mph (48kph) and are fairly aggressive.

    So in all honesty, the idea of attempting to scare us with tales of the wild, claw wielding koala who tips the scales at 20lbs and sleep 75% of the time, is well.... silly. Now, if you have it on good authority that they have taken to strapping little bombs to themselves in the name of their cause I might be persuaded to change my mind.

    - The oft mentioned Joe

Post a Comment

abcs