Pre-Homesickness?

Joe and I went to Cleveland this past weekend to visit with and say good bye to family and friends.  There will be more in-depth description and pictures of the weekend coming as I get the photos sorted out.

I don't think that the idea of us moving to a foreign country has entirely sunk in for me.  I think about it... I talk about it; but I don't think I really understand what we are doing.  This weekend brought reality right to my door as I said goodbye to people that I probably won't be seeing for years. I left Cleveland in a flurry of tears that lasted almost to Columbus.  In my head I kept asking myself "Why are we doing this?"

When I talk about my sadness, people are fond of telling me "At least this isn't forever". Of course I know it isn't forever!  For goodness sake, Joe and I are planning a visit back to the States for the Christmas holidays.  Knowing that I will still see people doesn't make me feel any better though.  I'm still sad....

I think I will call this pre-homesickness....
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    i'm sad for you when i read this :(

    Theresa

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    I'm mad at myself now that I re-read this. I'm not even 10 post into this thing and it sounds like all I do is complain... I vowed to approach it with a positive attitude and I need to remember that and stop whining :(

Post a Comment

abcs