The Weekend Cometh...And Our Stuff Does Not

Well, I am sitting at home this morning waiting for the electricians to show up.  Several of the older power points (outlets) have been sparking and popping so we figured it would be a good idea to have someone check it out.

Also the window repair guy came at "half seven" (love it!) this morning.  He took some pictures of the broken latch on the window and left.  He said that they would get the parts today and repair the window Monday or Tuesday.  So, yea... we have had a semi-open broken window for a week now.  It's getting hard to keep my feet warm.

It's a beautiful Friday and we have plans to go on a pub crawl tonight with the people from Joe's work.  That's always a good time so I am looking forward to it immensely. Tomorrow we have a bunch of errands to run and Sunday we are going sailing with some of Joe's coworkers.  Needless to say, one of the errands tomorrow will be for motion sickness pills for me (just in case).  I'm usually fine in Joe's Mom and Dad's fishing boat in Florida - I seem to only be bothered on cruise ships/large slightly moving wharfs etc.... but it never hurts to be prepared.

Our crate still has not arrived and the shipping company has stopped returning my emails.  At least I know it is in port so I don't have to lay in bed at night envisioning our wedding photos and my parent's things sitting at the bottom of the ocean.  Now I just imagine customs going through every box, touching all my things and then wanting to charge me a thousand dollars in small petty fees. 

(OK, decided to take a break here and call them while I was thinking about it)

So, according to Loretta, quarantine still has to go through our crate.  Customs has already looked at the paperwork but they haven't heard back from them yet.  Quarantine can't look at the shipment until customs approves the paperwork.  So, what that basically means is that....  Our shipment has been at their warehouse for 15 days and the only thing that has happened it that the paperwork was given to customs. (yes, this is the same company that told us that the processing time was 10-15 days - apparently processing time means "when we decide to look at it for the first time").

I think I'll count us lucky if our things arrive before summer.....
6 Responses
  1. Bindie Says:

    As stressful as it is, good used to it. That's the Aussie way. They'll get around to it. *hugs*

    I hope you get your stuff soon so you're flat feels like "home."

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Thanks Bindie... I am learning a whole new style of patience here (which is good for me). I stres too much so this is an opportunity for me to relax abit more :)

  3. Valerie Says:

    When ours came, we went and got the paperwork from the shipping company, physically took the paperwork to customs to be stamped, and then took it to quarantine ourselves. They stamped the paperwork and then we were free to pick up our crate. It took a full day of running around, but we got it the same day it came in.

    Clearly I am not patient. ;) LOL

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ Val - Our stuff is in Melbourne and we are in Sydney :( Otherwise, I would be doing exactly the same thing!

  5. Margo Says:

    Your stuff is in Melbourne?? Wild. Our stuff hit Sydney and then Melbourne. Maybe it didn't share the boat afterall. Hope it comes soon and enjoy how relaxed you are in the meantime. I now have a sore back from unloading boxes.

  6. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ Margo - weird, Joe called today and they said we should have our stuff my mid next week! Heres hoping!!!

Post a Comment

abcs