Box from the States

Joe's parents sent us a box from the States the other day - nothing super super exciting, just some last minute stuff that we couldn't fit into our suitcases.... 

There were a few little going away presents in there, our ballroom dancing shoes, some mail, some random jars I bought for my spice rack (that showed up a day after the crate left - thanks Amazon) and most importantly..... 10 MAGIC ERASERS!!!

I have the greatest Mother in Law in the world.  I was telling her that I wanted some and I asked her to stuff a couple in the box before she sent it; but she stuffed 10 of them in there.

They are even the heavy duty kids with the one scrubby side...  I know it sounds silly to be so excited about this; but the walls of the apartment were really scuffed when we moved in - it looked like the previous tenents moved out in a hurry and not very carefully.  I did find the Aussie version of a magic eraser and it was working pretty well; but the real ones?  Epic....

Behold - the before and after pictures (it was much more dramatic in person):





Did I mention that I have the greatest Mother in Law?  Cause I do....

8 Responses
  1. Stacy Says:

    i too noticed that the magic erasers here do not work nearly as well as the ones in the states!!

  2. Unknown Says:

    Hooray for Magic Erasers!!! I freaking love those things. I use them to clean the bathtub. I am lazy, so I keep the eraser in the bathtub, and when I'm done with my shower I throw the Magic Eraser on the floor and scrub the tub by pushing the Magic Eraser around with my foot. I am Lazy Housewife Extraordinaire!!!

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Wow. I need some of those. That's impressive.

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ Meaghan - I used to do the same thing!!! Now, our tub seems impervious to dirt and soapscum (seriously cool and weird) but the tiling in the shower needs the grout scrubbed constantly. Sigh.....

  5. the american Says:

    holy crap. i'm going to have to tell my mother to put some in a box with some reese's peanut butter cups and pop tarts! it's like a new toy...for the brit.

  6. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ the american - Only if you want to spend less time with him... Once I start using one, I just keep finding more stuff to clean so that I can use it till it's gone!

  7. Unknown Says:

    OMG magic erasers rock my Montessori classroom!

    They are a gift from Maria Montessori herself, I am convinced - especially when we consider the bit she wrote about her children being so excited that they had learned to write, that they wrote all over the walls, floors, tables, etc -- sometimes i think my children have been possessed by the same spirit!

    Nothing takes Prismacolor pencil marks off like some Magic. Wish i had a before and after shot of my 'new' easel, pilfered from the old afterschool room, that no one wanted because it was so covered with crayon, paint, and marker that there was no getting chalk to write on the chalkboard side. It looked horrible and even I began to doubt the power of magic... Now all are jealous of my LOOKS-brand-spankin-NEW easel.

    What are those things made of anyway???? My humble guess is baking soda, blown into a puffy rectangle of magic fluff.

  8. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ Jen - You had me laughing so hard with your comment! I could totally see you scrubbing away at that easel! I really do understand - the beauty of old things made new and beautiful with a bit of magic and elbow grease are always nicer than something brand new!

Post a Comment

abcs