Forcing It

I haven't felt much like writing recently - I think I am starting to hit the "now that we are settling in, I don't have anything interesting to write about " phase. 

So, in the interest of keeping myself honest and keeping you all from nodding off, I am going to start holding myself to an "every other day" posting schedule.  I am also going to start jotting down all my writing ideas in a list somewhere (I did this when we were in the apartment in the city and it worked great) and then actually keep up with it!

I think sometimes I just need a writing prompt - a photo, a topic or sometimes even a sentence can stick in my head, build up steam and then come pouring out on paper.  Those are my favourite entries - almost effortless!  I found a list tonight while I was cleaning out one of my notebooks and there are still about 5 relevant topics on it.  So, tomorrow my notebook and I will be making a visit to a cafe where I will revamp my list, come up with a few more topics and flesh them out a bit. 

Also, if any of you are interested in any specific parts of ex-pat life in Sydney, please let me know...
3 Responses
  1. Morgan Says:

    Hey,

    This isn't exactly on topic but what the heck! I lurk on this blog all the time, and, since she lives in Sydney, I thought I would pass it along:

    http://rummeybears.blogspot.com/

    Morgan

  2. melody Says:

    Mimi,

    you try so hard to make it look so easy and fun learning a new country and living it it...I don't even know you in real life and I see that. I would love to see what the ups and downs of Australian life is....If you are frustrated, share it. If you are thrilled share it. Take off the rose colored glasses and show us the real life :)

    I personally am trying to get my husband to consider moving to Australia and I would love to see what is good and what makes you just go plain bonkers in frustration! LOL

    You don't have to post this if you don't want to but I just wanted to share with you what I would love to read about.

    Take care.
    Melody

  3. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ Morgan - Thanks for the link... and for lurking :)

    @ Melody - Not a bad idea... I was hoping to be a bit more honest on this blog; but I always think about my audience and how I pretty much know all of them so I do put on a happy face a lot.

Post a Comment

abcs