Helloooooo Manchester!! And...some pictures of Thredbo!

Hello all you eager blog readers!

First off, I want to congratulate the little town of Manchester, NY for bravely stepping into the breech left by the absence of South Korea - You are the number five city that visits my blog!  Hurray for you!

Secondly, I want to talk about the last leg of our Christmas trip.  Thredbo was gorgeous - the mountains were stunning of course; but what really made the stay there so great was the level of relaxation that we were all able to reach by the end of our stay.

There was plenty of hiking of course (like when Joe started at the bottom and climbed to the top on the most difficult track); but mostly I remember the spa treatments, the monopoly games, the yummy dinners and the evenings spent (in one room or the other) drinking wine and talking.  We decided to extend our stay there by an extra day and it was the best decision that we made the entire trip.  We stayed at The Denman which was staffed by a team of the most friendly and wonderful people I had encountered on the trip.  (So nice, in fact, that they did not charge us for a bottle of wine from the mini-bar that we accidentally broke.)

Joe and I went on a ski-lift for the first time.  I expected him to be a nervous wreck since he has a fear of heights; but he ended up being fairly calm.  The ride up was easy-peasy for me; but I surprised the both of us by being more scared on the ride back down than he was! I think I need to visit Cedar Point the next time I am in the States so I can ride some coasters and get back my usual ambivalence to high, dangerous places!

Anyway, here's some photos...  They don't even begin to do any justice to these incredibly beautiful mountains; but at least they can give you an idea of what it looked like!

The View from our Room

At the top of the ski-lift (arrow is pointing to our room)

Views from the top of ski lift and beginning of hike





A list of the available hikes


We did the sissy walk!

Views from the Hike - Notice the snow!!



Reaching the Lookout

The View from the Lookout

Us at the Lookout

Me in my Chrissy Hat and Scarf

This bird was only about a foot away from me and HUGE!

Back at the restaurant for some beer and burgers!



















On out way out of Thredbo National Park - I was obsessed with getting pictures of these signs!  Joe was nice enough to pull over so I could run around on the road and take these...
11 Responses
  1. Meaghan Says:

    LMAO at the wombat crossing!!!! Oh, and you look great... especially your bodacious tatas. Remember when I put my entire head into one of your bra cups? Good times. I miss you <3

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Have you been drinking again chicky? ;D

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Are you sure sure it's NY ... because I live in the same town, but in Connecticut and I'm here ALL THE TIME! Haha!

    Your photos are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see that fantastic country in person!

  4. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Could be Mandy.... Are you stalking me ;)

    It must be the bodacious tatas! Ha!!

  5. Cristin Says:

    Awww, fun to relive Thredbo! I love the panorama shots - so hard to show the amazing scope with a regular photo.

  6. Mimi and Joe Says:

    I know, and even with the panorama it just doesn't do it justice!

  7. Anonymous Says:

    Now when you say 'stalking' ... :0)

    Well, technically, I check in here almost everyday - so maybe!

  8. lilDdownunder Says:

    Hey Mimi,

    I would love to meet you next time I'm/we're in Sydney. C, too! Sorry it took so long for me to respond :)

  9. lisakarie Says:

    Hi there! I've just stumbled upon your blog and am loving reading about your adventures down under. I'm an expat too, living in Canberra. It's a bit different from life in Tennessee!!
    Look forward to reading more...
    Karie

  10. Anonymous Says:

    Is it a Polish lookout?

    julie your loving sis

  11. Mimi and Joe Says:

    @ LilD - No worries babe! As you can see, I am not exactly punctual myself! You me and Cristin should have a little meet-up. We would have soooo much fun!

    @ Karie - Thanks so much! I agree - a world away from the KY/TN experience... We drove through Canberra and it seems pretty quiet though (is it?) - Sydney is just a bit mad crazy all the time!

    @ Julie my darling sister - If it wasn't a Polish lookout before I got there; it certainly was when I left! I muttered "Give me an apple and Give me a kiss" the whole time I was up there!

Post a Comment

abcs