A Perfect Day

Back when I was younger, I dated this guy....  He used to play me this song in a misguided attempt at romance...


To be honest, I always found it a bit creepy; but I understood the sentiment.  I was in my mid-twenties when I was first introduced to Patty Griffin (Thanks to my sisters!) and this song...


I love this song - love it, love it, love it.  Even if I am not having a "heavenly" day, just listening to it can lift me about halfway...

Today was a perfect day, a heavenly day...  We had plans to go to a rodeo with our fabulous American friends; but, as Joe was still recovering from Wednesday's sunburn we decided to bow out and spend the day inside.  What made it so perfect?  If I described to you all of the little things that we did today, the yummy dinner, the movie we watched and the tiny meaningful moments that made up the day, it would only lessen the experience.

For now, I just want to snuggle into bed knowing that I have another entire day tomorrow to try to repeat today....
2 Responses
  1. the american Says:

    i love patti griffin! i put all of her CDs on my ipod just last week! :)

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    Yes, she is Awesome!

Post a Comment

abcs