Hello There

Not much going on here, and I have not one single picture to post.  In keeping with my blog post from a couple of days ago I am trying to pry myself out of the bad habit of only posting when I have a ton to talk about and a ton of pictures to post.

We have a new person starting at work on Monday - he is from Washington D.C.so Joe and I have been trying to help him out with the whole "being American and settling in Sydney" process.  Poor guy - we had him over for dinner tonight and I think I talked his ear off.  I need to tone down my mothering instincts in a serious way!

We went out on a fun excursion last weekend that I will blog about as soon as I have the photos ready (I was lazy and didn't take any so I am totally using someone elses) and this weekend we have almost nothing planned.  If the weather holds than we might go lay on the reserve for a while; but, if we do, Joe will have to take a bath in sunscreen first.  Anyone else interested? (in the reserve part - not the bath part...)

I almost forgot!!!  On Tuesday we had fly screens installed in the majority of the apartment!  I cannot tell you how exciting it is to be able to leave the windows open all night, to hear the water and the sailboats, without having giant mosquitoes and moths coming in to stalk us.  We only had screens installed into the sash (typical open up and down) windows; but our next goal is to have screens put in the office.  Of course, those ones will need to be hinged so they will be a bit more complicated; but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Anyway, that's all I have going on tonight - I just wanted to pop in before the craziness of the weekend sucked me in and spat me out on Monday with no blog posts to show for it...
1 Response
  1. Cristin Says:

    We're on the lookout for something to do this weekend, so I'm sure we'd be up for a lay out on the reserve, if you guys decide to do that. After the suntan lotion bath, of course ... as much as we are dying to see Joe's Naked Man impression. ;-)

    Also, completely jealous about the screens!

Post a Comment

abcs