Our First Visitors!!

Sunday was Father’s Day in America but not in Australia – a fact that I had forgotten until I went to the newsagent to buy a card for my Father in Law and realised that they didn’t have any…. Oops!  Needless to say, I felt a bit stupid considering we had just returned home from the States where I easily could have purchased a card and even left it at my in-laws house to be opened on the appropriate day.  Obviously, I spent far too much time in the States shopping and not enough time strategising for Father’s Day.   Sunday was a quiet day for us since we had just had a group of people over the night before and stayed up really late.  It’s full on winter here now so we snuggled up on the couch and watched some movies.  I’m working on a counted cross stitch and I’ve just realised that I’m actually getting very close to being finished with it…  Sunday I took the opportunity to knock a huge bit of it out.  I’m hoping to finish it in the next couple of months and so have it ready to give to my Mother in Law for Christmas.  Then it is on to the next project!  I used to know how to knit and crochet quite well so I am thinking about starting that back up?  Or perhaps I will finish the other unfinished cross stitch projects I have on the go at the moment…

Speaking of Christmas and my in-laws – I just booked plan tickets for Joe’s parents to com visit us for 5 weeks over Christmas!!!  I am so excited!!  They will be our first visitors here and we have decided to do a New Zealand cruise with them while they are here.  I found a great deal on a 12 day cruise that departs from Aukland and gets us back into Sydney on Christmas Eve.  There are so many things that I want to show them – the NYE fireworks from our windows, picnics on the reserve, the Botanical gardens etc….  December should be a very full month!  In early January they are going to go up to the Great Barrier Reef for a few days and then they will be headed back for the States on the 11th.  Have I mentioned that I can’t wait??
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Sounds like so much fun!

  2. Mimi and Joe Says:

    It will be Jules! Booked the cruises too! Yay!

Post a Comment

abcs